Start by choosing an article from the Content Library.
(You can also start from scratch with by clicking on the ‘create’ campaign on the dashboard CLICK HERE)
2. When you have chosen an article to include in your newsletter select ‘deliver in campaign’. (you will be able to add more content in the email editor stage)
3. What would you like to create? Select “Email”.
Name your campaign so you can refer back to it. e.g. February Newsletter. (Your recipients don’t see this title).
Review & edit content
4. Audience - choose who you would like to send your email to. If you have added tags to your contact list you can use these here.
5. Choose a Template
Select the branded template - this will open the email editor
If you started your campaign from the content library you will see the content (in short and long formats) in the email tool box on right hand side-panel under ROWS
Drag in a short version under the email logo.
6. Now you can add more content to your newsletter.
On the ROWS tab use the drop down to select ‘Add content from Content library or website url’ You can add a number or articles this way to build your newsletter.
Add a link to an article you have read online (or from your website). From the ROWS tab use the drop down to select ‘Add content from Content library or website url’. Choose Website URL and paste your web address into the field. BOMA will pull through the Open graph image and the first paragraph of text. You can edit this content in your newsletter. (NB if you are sharing a link, make sure the destination website is not gated)
Type directly into the email editor. From the ROWS tab, drag in an empty row or placeholder row.
If you choose an empty row, go to the CONTENT tab and drag in text to the row you have just added.
7. Add an introduction to your newsletter
From ROWS, use the drop-down field to select “placeholder rows’ > select and drag the ‘main introduction’ panel beneath your logo.
You'll notice that this text has a personal greeting
This will pull the first name of your recipient from your contact list.
You can remove this or change to a different salutation such as ‘Hi’.( If you delete the text, simply click into your email text and type your greeting such as ‘Dear’, leave a space and click merge tags from the text editor tool. Select first name. This pulls the first name of your contact into the email).
Next replace the text in the paragraph below the greeting. Select the TEXT to replace it with your message
8. Newsletter formatting
You can change the graphics, fonts, adjust sizing of the images, columns and background colours using the formatting panel.
Typically these adjustments can be made intuitively if you click into the image / column to view it’s properties.
Increasing the logo size
By default it’s set to 20%, this can be increased to be more prominent
Click on Logo to raise “CONTENT PROPERTIES”. Adjust by sliding the width setting under the “Auto width” switch.
Add a spacer between articles as a divider to make your newsletter easier to read.
The spacer row is located at the bottom of the populated article rows
Drag and drop between your articles
9. Preview your email - you can view a preview for desktop and mobile
10. Save and Close - When you are happy with your email, click save and close
11. Write your subject line and Preview Description - This is the first thing your recipient will see, so make sure you are inviting them to open your email.Rather than calling it ‘newsletter’, use the email content to create a title. Choose the most compelling point of the email and create your heading.
12. Send a test email - to make sure you are happy with the final layout and content.